Friday 8 May 2015

Vickie's Story


Happy Friday, everyone! This is the part where I share my story with you - what I'm doing, why I'm here, what I'm aiming for. I must say, my story isn't as inspiring or excellent as Chelsey's. I still have a hell of a way to go and I've barely scratched the surface of what's to come. 

I've always been a little bit bigger than everyone else and I've come to accept that that will probably always be the case, which I'm honestly fine with. I've never been bullied, there has never been any real concern over my weight, but I had started to notice that I don't ooze the confidence I wish I did. I'm incredibly insecure both in my looks and my body. 

I decided about a year ago to start making a change. I joined a gym and started to go on my own. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Eventually, I became pally with one of the Personal Trainers as we had a lot of mutual friends in common and I really started to unleash some potential. This was in about August/September 2014. I started lifting heavy, I really felt confident in the gym and I was amazed with the progress I'd made.

However, I moved cities in October 2014 and had to join a new gym. I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty horrible - my confidence plummeted once again and I just didn't feel comfortable or confident going because it was so new. I'm not going to lie, that's sort of still the case now, but that's what I'm trying to change.

I don't have my weight as it stands but in the last 12 months I've shedded about a dress size and a half and my aim is to drop two more. Because I do have a while to go and it's gonna be slow and steady progress I will be filming a video of my journey. Once this is done, Chels and I are going to be starting up a YouTube channel, which will feature my progress from my coming weight and body shape (which is a BIG thing I want to change) right to my goal. 

I want to become more confident in myself so I feel better at my gym in the place which is now my home. I'm trying really hard to get there and I'm getting there bit by bit. I was going to the gym once every couple of weeks, now I'm getting more and more into it I'm going a couple of times a week and I hope to only improve that. Here's to a happy and healthy life!

Vickie xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric